LONG BEACH PENINSULA, Wash. – February 5, 2021 – Chefs up and down the Long Beach Peninsula have created prix fixe, multi-course meals, specials, and more for celebrating love with food this Valentine’s Day.
“Dining out for Valentine’s Day is always very popular at the beach,” said Nancy Gorsche, chair, Visit Long Beach Peninsula, and co-owner with her husband, Michael Lalewicz, of The Depot Restaurant in Seaview. “While we are thrilled to be serving people indoors again, given the limited number of people we are allowed to seat in all our restaurants combined, takeout is a great alternative for those considering a romantic dinner at home.”
Restaurants are anticipating being fully booked for indoor dining (currently at 25% of capacity) as well as seeing a welcome bump in takeout orders over the holiday weekend, Feb. 12 to 14.
“For both dining in and taking out, you’ll want to make reservations as soon as possible,” added Gorshe.
Here is what some of the peninsula restaurants are doing to make it a sweet, delectable and memorable celebration:
- The Cove has created a Sweetheart Four-Course Dinner with choice of a starter, a salad, an entrée – Filet Mignon and Prawns, Halibut, Scallops and Crab Risotto, or Creamy Chicken Carbonara, and dessert for $60 per person, exclusive of tax and gratuity. The special is for dine-in only for those who make reservations before 4PM on Feb. 10. Reservation slots are limited to seatings from 4:30 to 8PM on Feb. 11, Feb. 12 and February 13. A Valentine’s Day brunch will be served on Sunday, Feb. 14, from 11AM to 3PM. Reserve or order online at https://www.peninsulagolfcourse.com/the-cove-restaurant/.
- The Depot Restaurant will offer a duo of Valentine specials, Paella for Two and Snickers Cheesecake, available for dine in and takeout. Gorshe suggests pairing them with splits of Prosecco or a bottle of Basel Cellars Depot Red. Call (360) 642-7880 to reserve.
- Pickled Fish has dine-in and room service Valentine’s Day specials with suggested wine and/or cocktail pairings including a Dungeness crab custard with caviar and brioche toast, a chilled duck salad with chicories and brandied cherries, grilled ribeye with potato puree, roasted carrots and shaved Oregon truffle, and vanilla pavlova with macerated berries and chantilly. Reserve online at https://www.pickledfishrestaurant.com/reservations/.
- The Shelburne, with patio seating and limited seating indoors, will offer a four-course prix fixe menu for $50 per person, with the option of drink pairings for an additional $30 per person. The Valentine courses are chilled Dungeness crab with avocado and blood orange, cauliflower bisque with truffled crème fraiche, teres major with glazed cipollini, potato “risotto”, and sauce bordelaise, and roasted white chocolate pot de crème with Chantilly and vanilla tuile. Offered on Feb. 12, 13 and 14, reservations are required and can be made online at https://shelburnehotelwa.com/eat-drink/.
- Chef Paul Klitsie at MyCovio’s has created a four-course, dine-in Aphrodisiac menu at $45 per person, reservations only. The restaurant will open at 1PM on Sunday to accommodate four seatings of three tables. Take out with a Valentine’s Day special will be available from 4 to 7PM. Reservations can be made online at www.mycovios.com.
For lobster fans, Captain Bob’s Chowder, open on Sunday’s from 11AM to 5PM, brings back its famed Lobster Chowder on Feb. 14. Owner Cathy Tenney advises “Come by early. It sells fast.” The Crab Pot has live Maine lobsters arriving on Feb. 12. Lobsters will be $32 each and need to be pre-ordered and pre-paid. Across the river, Bridgewater Bistro, currently open for takeout and outdoor dining, will feature a Lobster Risotto and other specials on its Valentine’s Day menu, offered February 13 and 14.
At North Jetty Brewing, couples who come in on Valentine’s Day will get a pretzel (limited to one per couple) to share when they order one beer, wine or mimosa each.
And what would Valentine’s Day be without sweets? Dylan’s Cottage Bakery will have lots of themed goodies available including chocolate cakes for two, chocolate-covered strawberries and Valentine’s cookie decorating kits, as well as the usual donuts, pastries, cookies, cakes, cupcakes, and more.
Masking when not eating and tables separated by a minimum of six feet is required at all restaurants. For more dining options and destination information, please access www.visitlongbeachpeninsula.com.