Join the Wild Mushroom Celebration starting Oct. 1
Each autumn on the Long Beach Peninsula we honor a seasonal Pacific Northwest treasure and you’re invited to join the party – the annual Wild Mushroom Celebration is Oct. 1 – Nov. 15 and includes guided hikes, restaurant specials and lodging deals.
Wild Mushroom events
Here’s a rundown of this year’s Wild Mushroom Celebration events:
- [pickled fish] at Adrift Hotel, Oct. 1 – Nov. 15: Enjoy rotating wild mushroom specials at the restaurant that sits atop the Adrift Hotel and overlooks the ocean. Call 360.642.2344 for more info.
- The Depot Restaurant, Oct. 13: The Depot’s 14th annual Wild Mushroom & Wine Dinner is Friday, Oct. 13 at 7:30 p.m. The Italian-themed five-course meal will feature Small Vineyards’ great wines of Italy. Joshua Hanson, co-founder of Small Vineyards, will be sharing the stories of five winemakers of Italy. Seats can be reserved. Call 360.642.7880 for more info.
- Boreas Bed & Breakfast Inn, Oct. 13-15: Enjoy a Wild Mushroom Celebration Weekend at Boreas Bed & Breakfast Inn on Oct. 13-15. The inn is offering an all-inclusive room-and-dining package deal including a two-night stay, a wine dinner at the acclaimed Depot Restaurant and a special five-course brunch with local mushroom expert Veronica Williams. Call 360.642.8069 for more info.
- Sou’Wester Historic Lodge & Vintage Travel Trailer Resort, Oct. 14: Take part in a hands-on workshop where participants will learn to identify specific trees, lichen, plants and fungi that contain therapeutics beneficial to human health. Learn how to responsibly harvest them and make first-aid products for home use. Call 360.642.2542 for more info.
- Shelburne Inn, Oct. 27: The 120-year-old Shelburne Inn in Seaview will host a Wild Mushroom & Pike Dinner on Friday, Oct. 27 at 7 p.m. This multi-course meal will feature chef-inspired dishes paired with Pike Beer. Call 360.642.2442 for more info.
- Oregon State Parks, dates TBD. Join an Oregon State Parks ranger for a guided hike for wild mushrooms at Fort Stevens State Park. The hike will focus on the varieties of wild mushroom that grow in the area. Participants should plan on wearing weather-appropriate clothing and should bring a basket, pocketknife and mushroom identification book if they have one. Hikes will begin at Battery Russell and are about 1-mile round trip.
- Sou’Wester Lodge & Vintage Travel Trailer Resort, Nov. 18. Mushroom Therapeutics workshop. Learn the therapeutic value of area mushrooms. Call 360.642.2542 for more information.
That’s a lot of fungi fun!
Plan Your Trip
Start planning your trip by finding the perfect place to stay!