This position is under the immediate supervision of the Laboratory Manager. OBH and its employees are committed to providing excellent patient-centered care. The laboratory provides service 24/7 to both in-patient and out-patient populations. Laboratory technologists/technicians are expected to perform the duties of a generalist with specialist duties assigned as needed. Must adhere to all federal, state, and hospital guidelines/policy/procedures to provide patient-centered care. Lab personnel must have the ability to multitask under stressful conditions. Lab staff must be able to work independently while producing high-quality service. Must possess the skills and aptitude necessary to provide direct patient care appropriate to the patient population served (neonates, pediatric, adult, and geriatric). On-call shifts may be required per patient care needs. This position requires the proficient performance of phlebotomy, ABGs, and ECGs. Performs all duties as assigned.
• Maintain confidentiality. Has frequent access to patient records therefore is expected to maintain full confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA guidelines.
• Constantly provide excellent customer service.
• Knowledge in laboratory compliance, medical necessity, and medical terminology.
• Ability to use a computer a must. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must have a working knowledge of pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical testing variables and how to identify problems that may adversely affect test performance thus working toward achieving the highest standard for clinical laboratory testing.
• Ability to follow detailed written and oral instructions.
• Ability to prioritize workload to optimize patient care.
• Assess and complete paperwork with a zero-mistake tolerance level.
• Demonstrate professionalism, consideration, and confidentiality toward patients, staff, providers, and customers in sometimes-stressful circumstances.
• Critical thinking skills, analyzing complex issues, and presenting these ideas to others are necessary.
• Perform duties in an organized and efficient manner.
• Knowledgeable in the use of department equipment and supplies.
• Understands the hazards involved with laboratory equipment and biohazard material.
• Completes all training on time.
• Employees are required to complete all training on time.
• Contributes to a culture of Patient-Centered Care.
• Contributes to a safe work environment.
• Demonstrates commitment to the team and serves as a mentor to co-workers.
• Employee maintains practices of financial stewardship.
• Regular and punctual attendance is required.
• Must be able to respond to emergencies.
• Supports the Organizational Mission and Values.
1. Must meet CLIA criteria for high complexity laboratory testing personnel and:
a. B.S. Medical Technology or Laboratory Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology) and ASCP (MT/MLS) or equivalent certification
b. Associate degree as Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) and ASCP or equivalent certification.
2. Have and maintain good standing in a national registry ASCP or equivalent.
3. Current Medical Assistant Phlebotomist license through the Washington State Department of Health
4. Valid CPR certification.
Minimum of five years of hospital generalist experience preferred.
Our medical, dental, vision, life, and supplementary insurance benefits are hard to beat! With a very generous PTO (paid time off) program that starts at 200 hours in your first year, you’ll have time to enjoy the numerous activities here on the peninsula.
Apply online! Please do not apply in person or on-site. Serious inquiries only.