Communication and Partnership Services Coordinator
The Pacific County Economic Development Council (PEDC) is a private non-profit organization, governed by a board made up of public and private representation from throughout Pacific County. As the lead economic development organization in Pacific County, our role is to support and promote activities which contribute to economic vitality and strong communities.
What we are looking for:
The PCEDC is seeking a Communications and Partnership Services Coordinator to help move us toward our mission to support businesses, create jobs, raise the median income and sustain our natural resources by:
o Inspiring new business to come to our area and retain established business
o Increasing membership and member engagement,
o Supporting and advocating for capacity building strategies that strengthen local industry
o Promoting and preserving quality of life in our communities
What you’ll do:
You’ll report to and assist the Executive Director and be a key member of a small, dedicated team. The areas of responsibility include:
• Act as the outward facing communicator for the organization- answering calls and email inquiries.
• Conduct surveys and collect data
• Maintain Partnership records through our web-based customer management software
• Assist with special projects as needed
• Participating in continuing education as recommended
• Oversee periodic newsletter
• Manage the relationship with partners. Deliver extraordinary customer service
• Partnership recruiting, support services, retention
• Report on partnership data tracking
• Regularly meet with partners and connect with partner benefits
• Manage social media posting- primarily facebook
• Plan, organize and implement partnership programs
• Coordinate bulk mailing of partnership materials
• Plan and implement annual partnership drive
• Frequent engagement with partners on site, and in the community
• Partnership profile listing updates
• Partnership communications
• Plan annual awards event
• Coordinate with web development for partnership materials and content
• Attend community organization meetings/ events as assigned to share partnership benefits/opportunities
• Assist with special projects as assigned
This person in this role generally spends their working hours in the following manner:
• 40% in partnership relations.
• 30% in administrative activities
• 30% in meetings and outreach activities
• Understanding of basic business principles and financial practices, and willingness to learn.
• Sensitive to the needs of, and compassionate with, a diverse client base.
• Works well in a collaborative, virtual team environment.
• Able to initiate and implement multiple projects without direct supervision.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent “people skills” as well as organizational, communication, and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours occasionally, including some evenings and weekend as required.
• Has reliable transportation, and is able travel within Pacific County as required.
• Computer skills and ability to learn new systems and applications.
• Minimum of three years of education/ experience in at least one of the following areas: office management, customer service or in small business management.
The position is a half-time position averaging 20 hours per week. This position salary range is $18-20 hourly, DOE. The position is subject to annual leave, holidays and sick benefits.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and references to Susan Yirku, Executive Director via email, with “Communication and Partnership Services Coordinator,” in the subject line. Your cover letter must address how your background meets the minimum qualifications and if applicable, preferred qualifications, as identified above. PCEDC is an equal opportunity employer. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Preference given to Pacific County residents.
True economic success is achieved with mindful planning, sustainable development, and intentional engagement creating equitable opportunities for all. We embrace diversity as a driver of economic success.
As conveners and collaborative partners, we pledge to do the work and support inclusion and prosperity for all members of the Pacific County community.
Learn more about Pacific County Economic Development Council: