The Long Beach Peninsula offers open spaces, lodging and restaurant take out for a relaxed, safe, and quiet beach holiday. Here are tips on creating new coastal Thanksgiving traditions:
- Skip the big gathering, and consider a change of scenery for yourself and your household this holiday season. With the cooking and clean up left to others, you’ll be able to give your attention to the things that really matter — being together.
- Focus on rejuvenating your health and wellbeing, decompress. Fill up on fresh air, rather than turkey and stuffing.
- Pick a space to set the ideal tone for your holiday break. The Long Beach Peninsula has diverse lodging options, many are child and pet friendly. Keep in mind that the earlier you book, the greater the selection.
- Prepare your special meal at a vacation rental or order a take-out feast from one of our great restaurants for your cabin or hotel room. Some restaurants are crafting custom Thanksgiving take-out platers. (Watch our eNewsletter for details, and/or sign up below). Early reservations and pre-ordering are advised.
- Add a local craft beverage to enhance the meal.
- Don’t forget the fresh cranberries! Pick some up at a roadside stand for your dinner, or to take home, and/or freeze for later.
- For oyster lovers, pick or purchase Willapa Bay oysters to BBQ, eat on the half shell, or to add to your favorite oyster dressing. Or purchase any other fresh seafood that you enjoy! The Long Beach Peninsula has several seafood markets serving the best of the season.
- With Black Friday lines, crowds, malls, and box stores under restrictions go for a leisurely stroll through our village shops and galleries to find a unique and thoughtful gift in time for the holidays. Feel good about supporting small rural local businesses that are remaining open at 25% capacity while MaskingUp!.
- Without the in-person football game, tailgating crowds or a public parade, you can opt instead for turkey sandwiches, while watching the game on TV or curling up in front of the fire with a good book.
- Enjoy a long walk on the beach or Discovery Trail before and after your holiday meal. Head out with your family or solo. Whichever way you choose, your body and mind will thank you!
Some things don’t change. Thanksgiving remains a time to focus on the positives, spend time with loved ones, and give thanks for all we have.